[Lazarus] "Select another LCL Widget Set"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jan 27 16:16:40 CET 2011

On 01/27/2011 03:14 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> The word platform is already used at many places in the documentation
> for TargetOS+TargetCPU. So IMO the "LCL platform" is more like the
> triple OS+CPU+WS. OTOH the makefiles use the macro LCL_PLATFORM.
I still would like to see a more strict way to separately select the GUI
(Widget) and the non-GUI functionality, so that it is possible to do a
GUI-free, but event-queue enabled application (e.g. on Linux and on OSX).
I don't know if providing  "Widget Type" selections for future things
like remote GUI (e.g. ExtJS, Silverlight or "ifi" based.) is the best
way do go.

>> To allow for not setting a "LCLWidgetType" macro at all might or
>> might not be a good idea.
> ?
Not making clear that in fact a macro (here hidden) is used. So doing a
dropdown selection control (that maybe also provides  '-' for
command-line applications) and pre-select the appropriate default, seems
less confusing to me.

-Michael