[Lazarus] Problem building today's version

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jan 28 10:55:11 CET 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 14:07:50 +0700
Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru> wrote:

> 28.01.2011 14:03, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > So why not fix 'make clean' to do just that?? All these 'make ide',
> > 'make bigide', 'make idebig', 'make reallyreallybigide' options are
> > getting bit crazy.
> >
> > Everybody at least knows 'make clean', so remove 'bigideclean' and fix
> > the normal one everybody knows.
>
> I also think that "make clean" must clean all and we even have (had) a
> bug report. But probably there is some problem if it is not yet fixed.

"make clean" should at least clean everything that "make all" touches.
Except for the final executables. There is no need and it won't work
under windows.
Of course if some directories are renamed the old directories are not
cleaned, but then the other clean commands will not help either.

Since speed does not matter anymore make clean could be extended to
clean more.

Mattias