[Lazarus] "Select another LCL Widget Set"

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 14:55:47 CET 2011

Michael Schnell wrote:

>> I wonder whether I could ask a silly question: is there any feasible
>> way that an app using the LCL can "re-skin" itself, i.e. switch to a
>> different widget set such as nogui, without restarting?
>
> I don't think so, and I don't see the point. For me the question is
> whether an application can start without an interface to a GUI
> infrastructure (such as "X") is found in the system.

It was a general question prompted by discussion elsewhere. Basically,
could a computer switch its role from being attached to a large desktop
monitor to using an internal PDA-type screen, with running apps tracking
the change and adjusting their UI appropriately.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk