[Lazarus] DefaultTranslator, LCLGetLanguageIDs and Portuguese language trouble...

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Jan 29 02:47:41 CET 2011

On 29/01/2011 02:27, Marcelo B de Paula wrote:
> >> I really donĀ“t know why these files was standardized with "pb" instead
> >> of "pt".
the answer seems to be here
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Translations_/_i18n_/_localizations_for_programs#Translating

> >Please check if LazDE translation works when you rename its .pb.po file
> >to .pt_BR.po.
> >
> >If it works, we can solve all these problems by renaming all .pb.po
> >files to .pt_BR.po.
>
> Yes, it works. But this not solve our problem. If i do the same with
> lazaruside.pb.po it disrupts the IDE translations.
> IDE itself maps the ".pb.po" files.
> See attached image.
> I still think it would be better to put a line of code in lclproc.pas.

Out of curiosity, if you change it in lcl, what happens to people in
Portugal, who might actually have pt? or pt_PT ?
And it wouldn't just be brazil, which other of the list below may cause
trouble? (I do NOT know the code behind it, did not look at the LCL part
in question)
http://www.termwiki.com/TWSpecial:ISO_Language_Code_Comparison