[Lazarus] DefaultTranslator, LCLGetLanguageIDs and Portuguese language trouble...

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 16:45:11 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Maxim Ganetsky <ganmax at narod.ru> wrote:
> Changed. I have renamed .pb.po files to .pt_BR.po. Please test.

Will this change cause that pt_PT users end up with the english
translations by default? If there is no pt_PT translation, then it
should default to pt_BR. Maybe you should have renamed to pt.po
instead?

> Brazilian portuguese is very different from "portuguese" portuguese. It's not US-GB difference, mostly about slight spelling variations
> like colour and color. In Brazil FILE and SCREEN are "arquivo" and "tela"; in Portugal they are "ficheiro" and "ecrã".

That's from old times when people didn't care about keeping the
language united. Now we have the spelling reform and in wikipedia for
example there is no pt_PT and pt_BR. The spelling reform also says
that in the future we should have a common dictionary of preferred
technical terms.
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho