[Lazarus] CGILazIDE cannot be found...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:06:01 CET 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:27:22 +0100, Andreas Schneider <aksdb at gmx.de>
wrote:

> How did you rebuild Lazarus in the first place? I presume by using
> "make".
- I checked out the branch to a new directory
- Then in this directory I executed these statements (in a batch
file):

set PATH=C:\Programs\lazarus\fpc\2.4.2\bin\i386-win32
make.exe clean all

> In that case it didn't include the packages you selected some
> other time. Rebuilding from within the IDE however DOES include those
> packages.

Hmmpf... After checking out lazarus there is no IDE to run, right?
So I cannot use any IDE dialog to specify a better way of compiling
since as yet there is no lazarus.exe to start....

> CGILazIDE is deprecated for some time now and as it seems
> finally gone (or renamed?). If you don't need it, kick it out ;-)

OK, but I don't even know what it is. I certainly did not install it
in the other version of lazarus....

Anyway, I stopped the process after answering yes to this and the
following similar dialogue and instead went to the rebuild of the
complete lazarus IDE and now I have done this and the 5dpo component
tab appears in the IDE, so I thought that all was done.
But not....
I cannot compile my test application, which uses sdposerial because:
formmain.pas(9,13) Fatal: Can't find unit SdpoSerial used by formmain

Why can it not find it this time? Some time ago I remember asking the
same question and then the solution was to open the package *once* in
the IDE and then it would be forever known where to find it. Now I
have actually *installed* it in the IDE, so should lazarus not know
where to find it then? Do I still need to open the package file in the
IDE????

Very confused....

Bo Berglund