[Lazarus] TScrollBox.OnMouseUp does not fire correctly on Windows

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.dk
Mon Jul 11 13:32:23 CEST 2011

Hi List.

As I'm not 100% sure how mouse events are handled in Lazarus, this may
be a dumb question so please bear with me.

It seems as if a TScrollBox does not fire a OnMouseUp event (only in
windows) when the mouse down was performed on the control,
but mouse up is done elsewhere (eg. outside the current window/form).

The same work fine for TPanel, TGroupBox, etc. Even using a TScrollBox
in Linux and doing the same click work fine, so this
seems to be isolated to windows only.

I am using:
Lazarus 0.9.31 r31668 FPC 2.4.2 i386-win32-win32/win64

and
Lazarus 0.9.31 r31578M FPC 2.4.2 x86_64-linux-gtk 2

Is this a bug, which I guess it is since the TScrollBox work as I expect
it to on Linux with GTK2?

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.

--
Our Program who art in Memory, Hello be Thy Name.
Thy Operating System come, Thy Commands be done,

Give us this day our daily Data, and forgive us our I/O Errors as we forgive those whose Logic Circuits are faulty. Lead us not into frustration, and deliver us from Power Surges,

for Thine is the Algorithm, the Application, and the Solution, looping forever and ever.

Return.