[Lazarus] IDE flaws

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 1 16:28:08 CEST 2011

Martin schrieb:
> On 01/07/2011 03:49, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> Currently I observe the following flaws (Win7):
>>
>> 1) An editor page in a secondary editor window *only* can be cloned
>> into a new window. Why does the handling of secondary editor windows
>> differ from the handling of the primary window???
> It shouldn't be different. Please report as a bug

Okay.

Ah, it looks as if a secondary editor window wrongly *thinks* that it is
the only editor window, and constructs the popup menu accordingly. The
menu of the primary editor correctly reflects other editors.

> You should still be able to drag/drop it back to the original window,
> holding CTRL for copy/clone

No target responds to dragging, regardless of CTRL :-(

BTW, CTRL is the wrong modifier, it's intended to *ignore* all possible
targets.

But the DragManager is broken since a long time, and nobody cares about
according bug reports :-(

>> 2) Code completion still gets stuck all the time. The list is either
>> blanked, or contains only "Bad..." entries.

This one possibly has been fixed, cannot reproduce such errors after SVN
update?

>> 3) Possibly related to secondary editor windows: a code template
>> invocation (^J) can end up in a different window (previously active?).
>> In most cases it helps to switch to an different tab/file in the
>> originating window, and back again.
>
> Would be good if reproducible.

Cannot reproduce after SVN update :-)

> Is that an IDE without docking, with docking (which)? Or does it happen
> independent of docking

Seems unrelated to docking.

DoDi