[Lazarus] IDE flaws

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Jul 1 17:02:44 CEST 2011

On 01/07/2011 16:34, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin schrieb:
>> So if you cloned "unit1" from window-1 to window-2, then it is open
>> in both windows. This means you can not clone (not move) it to
>> window-1 as it is already open there.
>
> That's okay so far but, as you see, it can lead to confusion. I've
> just added another (lengthy) note to issue 19666, that explains what I
> consider *desired* behaviour instead:
>
> The Clone menu should allow to simply *activate* an already existing
> *or* newly created clone. Currently it can be very time consuming to
> scroll through the tabs of the target window, shifting one by one,
> until an already existing clone is found there.
> I already suggested an pagewise scroll through the tabs, instead of
> shifting one by one, but this idea was rejected a long time ago...

BTW, you are away of the "page locking" feature ?
http://lazarus-dev.blogspot.com/2010/04/page-locking-or-multiply-editor-windows.html

Assign it to a key-shortcut.

Then lock the current editor, and to a declaration jump. With the
default settings, this should go to the file in the
last-focused-editor-for-that-file (can be changed to
Editor-for-that-file-in-the-most-recent-focused-window)
That is, if the jump target is not already visible in the window...