[Lazarus] TListView review required

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:45:17 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:04 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> I.e. the current implementation should be extended or replaced by a better
> implementation?

it should make a check:

if treeview_style = vsIcon then UseCustomDrawnListView
else UseNativeCarbonVersion

For newer widgetsets like LCL-Cocoa, lcl-fpgui, etc, I would simply
just use the custom control version all the time to save time and
headaches.

> I'd second that idea, currently I'm working on such an improvement for
> tabbed controls. The TCustomNotebook suffers from the added pages, which
> should be added only in a derived control, as special kind of owner data.

Ummm, not really. Please note that TCustomNotebook is just a wrongly
named component, it must have the tabs because huge amounts of code in
the LCL depend on that. This component is scheduled for being renamed
to TCustomPageControl.

It seams that you are mixing TCustomNotebook with TNotebook, but they
are completely unrelated. TCustomNotebook is almost the same as
TPageControl and it is a native control. TNotebook is a custom drawn
control.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho