[Lazarus] Docking Support

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jul 10 00:00:26 CEST 2011

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 23:45:58 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 9 July 2011, Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I don't know any application or widgetset that implements docking
> > integration with X/window managers.
>
> Not sure if I understood you correctly... But I have seen many X11
> widgetsets that implement window docking and MDI interfaces. So it is
> possible - as is done like Martin suggested or otherwise.

Yes.

But I think DoDi was referring to floating windows, that means top level
windows, not child windows.
For example it would be nice, to have an event when the window title is
dragged by the user. But since some window themes do not have a title,
or use other other means to drag a window, I guess, this will never
work every where. Of course someone might implement it at least for
some common cases. Then the docking system can omit the dock drag area
for floating windows on these platforms, which would be a bit nicer.

Mattias