[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : RE:RE:FPC_REQUIRES_PROPER_ALIGNMENTdefinedonSolariscausescrashinlazarus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jul 10 10:48:33 CEST 2011

Ludo Brands wrote:
>> Will apply to ARM later and build on Qemu, then test the binary on an
>> NSLU2 "Slug" which is known to be sensitive to alignment issues. I'll
>> probably not have result until tomorrow, but suggest that the
>> patch as
>> it stands is worth adding to the bug report to get it into the record.
>>

> Patch and test unit added to the bug report.

Now tested with a non-trivial program on both ARM on Qemu and running
natively on an NSLU2 "Slug" (describes itself as XScale-IXP42x, for
completeness little-endian). No obvious issues on either ARM or SPARC.

Do you think you could explain why you started having alignment problems
on x86 Solaris when x86 Linux is OK? And what does
FPC_REQUIRES_PROPER_ALIGNMENT actually do- I noticed it when I started
working through the MIPS code generation.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk