[Lazarus] autocomplete broken?

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 10 13:29:39 CEST 2011

2011/7/10 Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com>:
> Hm. I wonder why nobody noticed

I really tried to find something in the bug tracker before posting on
the list. Maybe I did not try hard enough, maybe its because of the
wrong search terms, maybe because this bug report did not contain any
mention of "autocomplete" or its title did not trigger the "this is
it!"-flag when quickly scanning through the search results with tired
eyes after a long day.

My original Intention to post here on the list about it was that I
hoped someone would either help me point me to an existing relevant
bug number that I could not find myself or a reply of the sort "I have
noticed it too, I'm working on it at the very moment" or "never seen
or heard about anything like this, please file a bug" (in which case I
would have filed a bug)

The problem seemed so obvious and strong to me that I just could not
believe (and was quite confused) that I was unable to find anything.

I did not want to abuse the mailing list as a replacement bug tracker,
I posted here only for quicker feedback (and to not abuse the
bugtracker as a replacement mailinglist) and to avoid a duplicat bug.
The mailinglist is more volatile and less formal.