[Lazarus] Why is TCustomControl.Canvas public?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 08:00:03 CEST 2011

2011/7/14 Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com>:
> I guess you mean the current behavior is as it is for Delphi
> compatibility, right?
> I supposed so, but isn't it worth changing?

No, there are many component sets which work with both the VCL and the
LCL. Creating incompatibilities generates problems for component
developers. Note that TCustomControl is a basic building block for
component developers.

Making things that are protected in Delphi public in Lazarus is not a
problem, but the opposite is a big compatibility problem.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho