[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : Lazarus on Solaris 10

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Jul 14 11:37:44 CEST 2011

> If I'm reading that properly you're using FPC 2.5.1, but what
> (numeric)
> version of Lazarus?

First line says lazarus svn and fpc svn. Trunk lazarus is 0.9.31.

Reason for using svn is the patch commited recently to solaris rtl and to
get the non-commited alignment patches to Lazarus, attached to bug
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19109, working. These patches will
probably not work on earlier lazarus releases.

> I'm trying to put some time into the SPARC side, now that
> you've pointed
> out that SFW is applicable to 10 not 11. I'll be back.

11 is quite a different beast compared to 10. It comes with a package
manager that pulls in dependencies automatically from an official
repository, much like other linuxes have been doing for years. All the
packages pulled in from SFW for 10 are available in 11 from the official
solaris repository. So that shouldn't stop you form try 11 express. However,
the gnu-binutils from repository being bugged and only at version 2.19 while
SFW offers 2.21.1, which is the latest full source release, raises the
question whether a parallel source, such as SFW, isn't going to pop up
quickly.

Ludo