[Lazarus] -WG compiler parameter issue in cross-platform projects

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 14 14:04:20 CEST 2011

Am 14.07.2011 11:43, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
>> Although I still think this is a bug in FPC.
>
> +1  What is the point of 'cross-platform support' then? Letting the
> compiler simply ignore parameters that ain't relevant for the target
> seems a rather simple solution - at it worked like that for years.
> Except now.

I'm quoting Florian's answer from the before mentioned thread "Illegal
paramater: -WG" from around 7th June this year:

=== quote begin ===

Maybe it's worse to check all the -W switches in lazarus. I made them
all target dependent.

=== quote end ===

So it seems that it was a concsious decision by Florian. For the "why"
you need to ask him though ^^

Regards,
Sven