[Lazarus] Memory need on ARM

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jul 14 16:04:11 CEST 2011

On 07/14/2011 03:39 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Watch out here: I believe that there's some form of bug in (at least
> some variants of) VNC which prevents it working on ARM. Remember that
> you can also tunnel X over SSH.

Hmmm. I did not yet hear of problems of VNC on ARM. Maybe this is
limited to AMS without MMU ?

The plan is to remotely attach to a running program and not to start a
program remotely. So I suppose remote X is not an option.

> Depends. As I've mentioned before, I find I can run programs on an
> NSLU2 "Slug" with only 32Mb, but I suspect that the issue here is how
> much "important" stuff (daemons etc.) gets swapped out and how long it
> would take to swap it back in if needed in a hurry. If there's a
> five-second hiatus every time somebody touches SSH with a port-scanner
> it's going to be a very effective DoS.
I did some tests with the slug. The thingy we are designing will have
128 or 256 MB, so chances are a lot better.

Thanks,
-Michael