[Lazarus] Can't find unit LResources used by Component1

John Landmesser JohnML at online.de
Thu Jul 14 19:53:24 CEST 2011

Hi Mattias,

all troubles are gone since i realized after ages that i have a
corrupted component  icon.lrs.

Some experiences i made:
Lazarus IDE is frozen for this compiler directive:
{$I findfile1_icon.lrs}
in the actual opened unit and lazarus tells in a message box if i
compile the package
"findfile1_icon.lrs doesn't look like a ascii(!!!) file"

"Yes, lazarus i now know its not looking like a ascii file, its a
corrupted lazarus resource containing a bitmap. "

Why does the IDE freezes in this situation?
I just sit there  looking at the code and the IDE freezes!
Does it scan the content of the file mentioned  in the directive {$I
findfile1_icon.lrs} ?

Hard trouble for a newbee, but i didn't give up :-))

Thanks for your assistance!

John