[Lazarus] Can't find unit LResources used by Component1

John Landmesser JohnML at online.de
Thu Jul 14 21:53:23 CEST 2011

Am 14.07.2011 20:39, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:53:24 +0200
> John Landmesser<JohnML at online.de>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Mattias,
>>
>> all troubles are gone since i realized after ages that i have a
>> corrupted component  icon.lrs.
>>
>> Some experiences i made:
>> Lazarus IDE is frozen for this compiler directive:
>> {$I findfile1_icon.lrs}
>> in the actual opened unit and lazarus tells in a message box if i
>> compile the package
>> "findfile1_icon.lrs doesn't look like a ascii(!!!) file"
>>
>> "Yes, lazarus i now know its not looking like a ascii file, its a
>> corrupted lazarus resource containing a bitmap. "
>>
>> Why does the IDE freezes in this situation?
> Can you send me this file?

See attachment ...

I used the new compiled lazres.exe from lazarus to produce this resource
file and tfindfile.png ( = convertet bitmap using irfanview.exe )

But i used lazres.exe today again and the result is ok, so just look for
the freezing IDE , i suggest.

By the way /lazarus/examples/lazresexplorer/  -> error if you try to
open a perfect *.lrs

> Access violation.
>
> Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
> Press Cancel to kill the program.

Should this app be able to show the image in *.lrs ?