[Lazarus] -WG compiler parameter issue in cross-platform projects

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 21:17:35 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:32 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/15/2011 12:25 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>> -WG might seem mandatory when you build for release, but for debugging
>> purposes compiling a GUI application as a console one is a nice variant
>> :D (you'll additionally get a console window)
>
> That just proves that we desperately need a new debugger! ;-)  My days
> with Delphi 4-7, I never compiler a GUI app with a console window - yet
> I do it daily with FPC (simply for debugging purposes).
>

> Regards,
>  - Graeme -
>
> --

Not really. At most it could indicate that we need better DebugLn
support (but I don't use it, so I don't know).
Anyway, a few times I resorted to the console in Delphi (and never to
Debug Log) because I needed to debug a large amount of data, or with
structure, and withouts breakpoints.

-Flávio