[Lazarus] FPDoc tracker

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jul 16 22:04:02 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
>> Experience with the FPC website shows that chances of having multi-language
>> documentation are virtually 0. Basically, I think the FPC/Lazarus community
>> is too small for the effort it takes.
>
> +1
-1

> Most people seriously underestimate the huge amount of effort it takes
> to document something and keep that documentation up to date. Adding
> multiple translations to the process is a absolute mammoth task.

That's why mammoth projects (Linux...) succeeded *only* by cooperation
of a community :-)

> Just
> take a look at the FPC/Lazarus Wiki. There are many translations, but
> not nearly as complete as the original English versions.

Just one more indication that there *exists* interest in translating and
translated documentation. But all enthousiasm is killed soon by the
absence of *any* support tools :-(

> I'd say...accept the fact that FPC and Lazarus are English projects
> (by far the most popular language in many open-source projects) and
> rather spend your little free time in improving the English
> documentation.

I *have* much free time, and I'm *willing* to contribute. More oldies
(like me) may want to contribute as well, and experience is a big bonus
in just the documentation sector.

DoDi