[Lazarus] FPDoc tracker

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 17 03:29:44 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> On 16 July 2011 21:52, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>> *We* do, but nowadays nobody else knows Pascal.
>
> That shouldn't really be an excuse. Pascal is so easy to read and
> understand. Also if you can program in any other language, picking up
> a new language isn't too hard.

A language consists of 1% syntax, and 99% standard libraries.

>> The lack of translated documentation is a mess, and differing (outdated...)
>> translated documenation also is a mess.
>
> And that is what Michael meant with the community being to small.
> Everybody is too busy with other things, and documentation is
> unfortunately one of those very boring jobs.

The core developers are busy with their hobbies, and the users have to
wait for their output. This is not what I understand by efficient
cooperation of a community.

>> BTW, many people have problems with the wiki documentation as well.
>
> I'll be the second person to agree with that. Offline help is
> essential to me, searchable documentation is a must. And over the
> years I became fussy - I now like well formatted documentation too.
>

>> nobody can find relevant information without assistance. Content search is
>> almost useless for non-English speakers, which don't know about the right
>> keywords.
>
> The problem is not only for non-English speakers. I'm an English
> speaker, and struggle quite often to find anything on the Lazarus
> wiki. Plus the other problem being that some wiki pages have become so
> large and even covers multiple topics - so it's like searching for a
> needle in a haystack.

That's what I consider cloud computing - guess what weather we'll have
tomorrow ;-)

DoDi