[Lazarus] Memory need on ARM

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jul 19 09:46:36 CEST 2011

On 07/18/2011 04:35 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Michael Schnell wrote:
>
>> The plan is to remotely attach to a running program and not to start
>> a program remotely. So I suppose remote X is not an option.
>
> In that specific case I think I'd consider splitting the "daemon" and
> "UI" apart, and connecting between them with something like XML
> conveyed over SSH.
This of course is what I would do if this would be new software
specifically designed for the task in question. But actually we face a
huge project done with Delphi that needs to be ported (and modified as
little as possible, as the same source tree needs to keep on being
maintainable in some hundred legacy installations.)

Thanks,
-Michael