[Lazarus] FPDoc tracker

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Jul 19 17:31:51 CEST 2011

On 7/17/2011 07:26, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 17 July 2011 03:33, Hans-Peter Diettrich<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>  wrote:
>> Have a look into the docs/html directory?
>>

> That is the Lazarus docs directory which uses a very different build
> system to the FPC docs (which is what we talked about).
>
> For Lazarus documentation you must compile the build_lcl_docs.lpi
> project found in the<laz>/docs/html/ directory. Then run the
> following command:
>
>       ./build_lcl_docs --outfmt html

out of curiosity and because i highly desire local docs, as well, i just
attempted this but there seems to be an error or two... i figure the best thing
to do is to report it somehow... not sure where or to who but here it is anyway...

C:\freepascal\laz\docs\html>build_lcl_docs --outfmt html --fpdoc c:\freepascal\f
pc\2.4.5\utils\fpdoc\fpdoc.exe
Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit forms\forms.pp
FPDoc - Free Pascal Documentation Tool
Version 2.4.5 [2011/06/01]
(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, sg at freepascal.org

exception at 004722DD:
In 'file:../../xml/lcl//lclintf.xml' (line 5933 pos 7): Unmatching element end t
ag (expected "</element>").

C:\freepascal\laz\docs\html>

> How come I know this, and I don't even use Lazarus LCL?  ;-)

things that make ya go "hummmmm..." :P :)