[Lazarus] Does Lazarus v0.9.31 compile with the latest FPC snapshot?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 11:54:06 CEST 2011

Joshua Lim wrote:
> Hi, using the steps below, I managed to compile the latest FPC snapshot
> source - i didn't use SVN, just download the zip file.  However, after
> updating the paths in Environment Options, i tried to rebuild Lazarus
> v0.9.31 using the FPC binaries i just compiled, but got the following
> errors.  I tried researching on that error, but no luck.  Grateful for
> any pointer.  Thanks.

It compiled for me yesterday afternoon, but there were runtime errors in
generated code. I'll try again presently in case somebody was working on
it when I SVNed Lazarus.

 > Modify the paths in fpc.cfg to reflect the new version fpc path.  You
 > can use mass search and replacement of fpc\2.4.4/ to fpc\2.5/ (if
 > upgrading from 2.4.4 to 2.5).

I wonder why fpc.cfg hasn't been correctly set up with an $fpcversion
macro, but instead has a hardcoded version number? This is something I
noticed last week when compiling 2.4.4 on a system that already had
2.4.2, but I very rarely use Windows as a development platform.

One thing I do notice as a general point is that 0.9.3x appears to be
sensitive to version-specicivities in the files in the .lazarus
directory. If experiencing runtime problems delete it and start over.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk