[Lazarus] RE : Does Lazarus v0.9.31 compile with the latest FPCsnapshot?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 23 17:10:00 CEST 2011

On 23.07.2011 13:44, Ludo Brands wrote:
> Probably helper types:  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Helper_types

Yes, you are right. To explain this a bit:

In Delphi "helper" classes (and records) are basically classes that
magically derive from a TClassHelperBase (or so) class which in turn
derives from TInterfacedObject.
In FPC I have decided to implement them as a true first class type and
thus I decided that they deserve their own RTTI type as well. The type
data of them contains the class or record helper they derive from (if
any) and the class or record they extend.

For an example see this section on the wiki page linked by Ludo:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Helper_types#Differences_between_Delphi_and_FPC

Regards,
Sven