[Lazarus] RE : Does Lazarus v0.9.31 compile with the latest FPCsnapshot?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:49:44 CEST 2011

On 24.07.2011 15:48, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 23 July 2011 13:44, Ludo Brands wrote:
>> Probably helper types:  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Helper_types
>
> Thank Ludo and Sven for your answers. If "helper types" or "helper
> classes" are what I think they are, then it would be a very welcome
> (and long sought after) addition to FPC. I'll read further on the wiki
> page to get more detail.

You are welcome to test them. I've have tried to make them as good
tested as possible (the tests are in $fpcdir/tests/test and are named
thlp*.pp, tchlp*.pp and trhlp*.pp), but there might still be errors and
oversights (only some weeks ago Michael brought some bugs to my
attention when documenting the new feature).

Also they are currently implemented as Delphi compatible as reasonably
possible, but I'm nevertheless open for improvements if I can somehow
allow a Delphi compatible behavior as well (the RTTI related stuff is
one of the exceptions ^^ ).

Regards,
Sven