[Lazarus] TTabControl reverted to it's old implementation

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:10:53 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Why not name these controls TOldTabControl and TNewTabControl, and set
> TTabControl to one of both? This will allow to switch easily between both
> implementations, without changing the user code (resource files...).

The main issue is that Delphi's TTabControl behaves somewhat
differently from what I expected, so the old TTabControl was already
largely (or completely?) compatible with it's Delphi counterpart,
despite the wrong class hierarchy. And I somehow doubt that the new
TTabControl will be able to achieve such a degree of Delphi
compatibility as the old one. If it doesn't, then we might have the
names stay more permanent then temporary. TTabControl for the more
Delphi-compatible version, TNewTabControl for the one with the correct
class hierarchy.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho