[Lazarus] gtk2 notebooks

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 06:04:30 CEST 2011

Hans-Peter Diettrich schrieb:
> For my attempt to fix the problems in the gtk2 TabControl implementation
> I need some background information. Can anybody help me, or continue my
> started update?
>
> In the first step I try to keep the dummy page, that is created together
> with the notebook widget, and use it for all tabs. I also managed to
> have the associated dummy tab invisible, but at sudden the
> implementation started to behave inconsistenly. Sometimes adding tabs
> (in code) works, but in most cases no tabs are shown at all. Reverting
> the code to the previously working implementation didn't help, so that
> it looks like some random behaviour, as known from uninitialized local
> variables.

It looks as if the random problem was caused by designtime tabs. The
gtk2 designer does not yet work properly, and strings added to the
TabControl.Tabs will prevent all tabs from becoming visible. Can
somebody find out why?

I've just uploaded the gtk2 patch as NewTab1.patch. Apply and rebuild
Lazarus, before using the new tabcontrol with gtk2.

DoDi