[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : Lazarus on Solaris 10

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 13:22:43 CEST 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Ludo Brands wrote:

>>> The situation appears to be that there are two distinct fontconfig
>>> systems, e.g.
>>>
>>> /usr/bin/fc-list
>>> /etc/fonts.conf
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> /usr/local/bin/fc-list
>>> /usr/local/etc/fonts.conf
>>>

>> Same on my system. Except that fonts.conf resides in
>> etc/fonts/fonts.conf.
>>
>> When you install fontconfig (from SFW) it assumes fonts are installed in
>> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts.
>> This is also the directory I find in /usr/local/etc/fonts/fonts.conf.
>> But on
>> my system, as indicated earlier, this directory contains symlinks to the
>> /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts subdirs.
>> The fact that you have different results as root and user is because you
>> adapted probably your PATH as user to include /usr/loc/bin. Which fc-list
>> gives you probably a different result as root and as user. If you run
>> /usr/local/bin/gtk-demo as root it will probably run.
>
> I can confirm that is the case.
>
>> The simplest solution to your problem is to change or add the
>> <dir>/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts</dir> entry in
>> /usr/local/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
>
> No, the simplest solution is
>
> # pkgrm SMCfontc
>
> Lazarus now running on SPARC Solaris, subject to an internal exception
> that I'll investigate in the morning.

Using FPC 2.4.4 and compiling Lazarus with bigide:

Lazarus 0.9.30: runs but raises an internally-handled exception
("Illegal character in format string") when invoking the options dialogue.

Lazarus 0.9.30.1 (31593): as above. If a consistent ~/.lazarus directory
is supplied might be OK.

Lazarus 0.9.31 (31821, current trunk): as above, but since the FPC
sources directory etc. is prompted for by a dialogue at startup it's
able to build simple programs- I've not tried anything complex yet.

TApplication.HandleException Illegal character in format string
   Stack trace:
   $000736FC  STOREFORMAT,  line 978 of
/export/home/local-src/fpc/fpcbuild-2.4.4/fpcsrc/rtl/objpas/sysutils/dati.inc
   $00072E20  FORMATDATETIME,  line 796 of
/export/home/local-src/fpc/fpcbuild-2.4.4/fpcsrc/rtl/objpas/sysutils/dati.inc
   $00DB81E0  TFFILES__READSETTINGS,  line 100 of
/export/home/local-share/lazarus-trunk/components/jcf2/Ui/Settings/frFiles.pas
   $007F4780  TRAVERSE,  line 244 of ideoptionsdlg.pas

I don't see this one on Linux or Windows. I'll investigate a later
compiler, although the last time I did I hit a problem due to
conditionals in the Lazarus source being confused by the FPC version.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk