[Lazarus] Error running under windows mobile 6.5

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 09:51:17 CEST 2011

2011/7/30 "Arí Ricardo Ody" <aro52 at gmx.com>:
> Copy “browseslqiteprj.exe”, dbteste.db and slqite3.dll to the directory
> create in the item 6 above;

Which sqlite3.dll? You should use a sqlite3.dll compiled for wince-arm
as the one which you can download here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/WinCE_Programming_Tips#Pre-compiled_sqlite_dll

And you are also placing your dll in a wrong position, please read here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/WinCE_Programming_Tips#Current_Directory_and_Placement_of_DLLs

> Double click in the “browseslqiteprj.exe”. Windows Mobile asks for
> authorization because my executable is not of known author. I click “yes”.
> Then I receive the message “'browsesqliteprj' is not a valid Windows CE
> application”
>
> May someone tell me what is the problem?

I documented this here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/WinCE_Programming_Tips#The_error_message:_SomeProject_is_not_a_valid_Windows_CE_application

But in general, as a first step you should try to run the application
in the emulator. And only after in the real device.

> Is there a special DLL to use SQLite in windows CE(or mobile)?

Windows CE is not the same operating system as desktop Windows. You
cannot just copy a binary from Windows, it needs to be compiled for
the Windows CE operating system. This is not only valid for your
program, but also for all DLLs which it uses.

> Is there a way of make windows mobile show lazarus programs execution
> errors? As they are showed in windows or linux?

I don't understand this question, your program hasn't yet started to
execute. It error message that you see is generated by the operating
system. But if the program had started to run, then exceptions would
be shown in message boxes by the LCL.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho