[Lazarus] (no subject)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 31 19:01:10 CEST 2011

Leonardo M. Ramé schrieb:
> On 2011-07-31 15:58:26 +0200, Bart wrote:
>> As an end-user I would get rather confused if my mouse cursor didn't
>> move anymore when I was  moving the mouse.
>>
>> Bart
>
> I agree, but some times is better to fix the cursor to a specific
> position. In my case, I have a N x M grid containing images in each cell
> (cells uses 256x256 pixels or bigger), and the user can drag the mouse to change
> its brightness and contrast, or zoom-in zoom-out inside the cell.
>
> If I don't fix the cursor pos, the user can start working on one cell and continue in the
> cell at its side.

That's why usually the user has to select a cell, before changes can be
made to exactly the selected cell. IMO you should separate cell
selection from other actions. Zooming may have the biggest risk for a
changed cell under the mouse, so that I would apply zoom either to the
entire grid, or only to a selected cell. When an individual cell has
been zoomed out, all further operations can apply to exactly that cell,
regardless of the mouse position.

DoDi