[Lazarus] Compiling lazarus in ubuntu

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 00:00:46 CEST 2011

2011/5/31 Max Vlasov <max.vlasov at gmail.com>:

> As Henry suggested I probably should do make install, I will try tomorrow,

It's the custom on linux to install the stuff that you build from
source into /usr/local/.  The debs will install into /usr, so you will
have to doctor your fpc.cfg, which will point to /usr by default.  You
can, however, use the INSTALL_PREFIX variable on the make command line
to change the default install prefix.

If you're not going to work on fpc, just install the relevant debs so
that you can get lazarus to work (e.g. fcl, gtk, etc).

Henry