[Lazarus] Any profiler?

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 23:03:07 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Is there some sort of profiler i can use under Windows/Lazarus 0.9.30? I
would prefer something like Mac OS X's Shark (ie. a sampling based
profiler) if possible :-P.

I tried building the project with "Generate code for gprof" but it
complained about missing libraries like c, gmon, cygwin, user32,
kernel32, gcc, etc and beyond that gprof usually adds a lot of overhead
that i would like to avoid.

Do you have anything in mind? I wonder how hard would it be to make
Lazarus/FreePascal work with OpenWatcom's profiler (which, like Shark,
is a sampling based profiler). The sampler seems to work but the
profiler (they are two separate programs) cannot read the debugging
symbols (most likely OW uses some other format for debugging symbols
than FreePascal).

Kostas "Bad Sector" Michalopoulos