[Lazarus] Error: fpc.cfg is missing

KrisztiƔn Nagy nkrisztian89 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 15:21:15 CEST 2011

Hello Lazarus list,

I'm using Ubuntu 11.04. I've just updated fpc and lazarus to the latest svn
revisions. It seems my current setup doesn't go well with this new version.
Now when starting lazarus I'm always greeted with a (quite nice :))
Configure Lazarus IDE windows wich shows an error at the "Compiler" tab,
namely "Error: fpc.cfg is missing". If I insist on starting the IDE by
pressing Start IDE, Ignore, Ok, Ok, it starts well and everything is working
fine (I can compile and build without problems) since after all I do have
fpc.cfg in "~/.fpc.cfg".

It seems Lazarus at startup is not looking for fpc.cfg at same places as the
compiler itself so it doesn't detect ~/fpc.cfg and shows the error message.
I tried to place a symbolic link of it named "fpc.cfg" in the parent
directories of the compiler path but that didn't help. Where does Lazarus
look for it?

My exact setup:
Ubuntu 11.04 32 bit
latest fpc source and binaries in: ~/svn/fpc (this is given at FPC sources
path)
therefore the compiler path given is: ~/svn/fpc/compiler/ppc386 (a symbolic
link /usr/local/fpc also points to this, to make "make" work)
latest lazarus source and binaries in: ~/svn/lazarus (this is given as
Lazarus path)
fpc.cfg path: ~/.fpc.cfg (there's an outdated one in /etc/fpc.cfg)
(everywhere the full home path is used not '~')

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

KrisztiƔn

p.s. I don't file a bug report since as no one else complained about it
guess it's just my non standard (no make install and stuff) setup