[Lazarus] non-sensical window repositioning

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:49:59 CEST 2011

Hello,

I just found a problem with lcl-gtk2 that I haven't ever seen before.
Consider this code:

begin
  Application.Initialize;
  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
  Form1.Left := 0;
  Form1.Top := 0;
  Form1.Width := 1680;
  Form1.Height := 1050;
  Application.Run;
end.

This represents the following position: Window Pos: 0 0 1680 1050
which covers the entire screen

Upon calling Form1.Show I get this instead: Window Pos: 560 0 1120 676

Which means that the position of my form was modified to something
non-sensical and different from my command.

Does anyone know if gtk2 is doing this wierd repositioning or if
LCL-Gtk2 is doing it? Maybe some kind of sanity check going wrong =O

The same code works fine in Windows. Basically this prevents the
Virtual Magnifying Glass from working correctly.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho