[Lazarus] Updating a field from an OnEditButtonClick event

Julio César Gázquez julio at mebamutual.com.ar
Wed Jun 29 17:53:55 CEST 2011

Hi list.

I'm using a TDBGrid component, with an OnEditButtonClick event, and a
visible button for the first (code) column. In the event handler I open
a search dialog, then I want to edit the dataset row and set the column
value and also other value (that is, code and description as found in
the search).

However, I found that in the OnEditButtonClick event I can't put the
dataset in dsEdit state, the Edit procedure has no visible effect and
the field assignment triggers an exception.

The same event handler attached to a regular button OnClick event works
as intended. The dataset is a Zeos TZQuery, but I'm not sure if this
could happen on a different kind of dataset.

Is this a known or expected behavior? There is a workaround?

Regards...

--
/Ing. Julio César Gázquez / MEBA - Mutual de Empleados del Banco/ /
                Mitre 923 1º Piso