[Lazarus] English lazarus book available.

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 12:47:46 CEST 2011

On 01/06/2011 11:44, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> I'd assign most of the work to the authors, because structuring
> *technical* content and translations IMO can not be done by somebody
> else, regardless of according skills. In detail translations should
> be done by the community, where native speakers also are familiar
> with the technical details of the text. The community also can
> contribute to the structure of a book, because the users (readers)
> often have needs or expectations *different* from the insiders view
> on the topics.

The editors may actually come (and probably, most of the time they do) with
better ideas w/r/t layout and proofread even if they only collaborate with the
actual authors, so that the book looks consistent...
And these people do know something, they've read it all ;P and know
that book layout and look count no less than actual content...
I think with something as large as this book is, involving different
authors and aimed at large audience (large in means of starting level
as well as size) you can't possibly cut editors out...
(I've read a Delphi book in the time of Delphi 7 'Holy Book', there is
no way one man can do that in reasonable time...)

(I am 95% decided to buy it!)
L.