[Lazarus] multiple versions and portable lazarus

Roberto Padovani padovani.r at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:12:24 CEST 2011

2011/6/1 Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net>:
> Do you have a pendriver? Get the sources in your home and copy to the pendriver.
> I forgot to tell about parameters of Marco van de Voort said: -pcp and
> --lazarus-dir. To use Lazarus in a pendriver, you need to study this
> parameters, ok?
>
> Marcos Douglas

Thanks to everyone!!
I successfully created my portable environment, with everything setup
to be conveniently updated by script.
Currently I built lazarus 0.9.31 (r30999) with fpc 2.5.1 (r17599),
which in turns was built with fpc 2.4.4 release as bootstrap.
This lazarus fixes the problem of the desktop position.

To summarize it all, the most useful wiki's are:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Multiple_Lazarus

to which I'm adding that for fifth-world filtered people like me, the
lazarus source code can also be retrieved from:

https://lazarus.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lazarus/trunk/

By the way, in the end I made it with the fpc sources that I costly
downloaded yesterday at home...
but is there an https svn for fpc as well or not?

Thanks,

  Roberto