[Lazarus] RE : [TIP]: Installing Lazarus under Linux via SVN (Ubuntu 11.04 or later)

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Fri Jun 3 11:56:14 CEST 2011

This is just another example of the "limited" value of the wiki. I'm using
lazarus/fpc on windows, linux, macosx 32 and 64 bits and regularly I'm still
looking for install/update help and I have never hit the mentioned page.
Most of the usefull wiki pages I've encountered are through links on a
mailinglist or in bug reports.
Just try googling site:freepascal.org lazarus install. The page is listed
position 153! Ranking is poor because nothing seems to link to it.
The wiki search is also really useless. Try a search for lazarus install:
lazarus manager is in position 347! No wonder people keep struggling with
installing/updating lazarus.
This morning I was looking for some info on parameter passing. Search for
"parameters" and you get http://wiki.freepascal.org/Parameters on position 9
in article matches title. Search for "parameter" and the previous page is at
position 157 of page text matches... Google for site:wiki.freepascal.org
parameter and you find the page on 3.

What about getting rid of the wiki search in favor of a custom google
search?

Ludo