[Lazarus] Alternative linker

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jun 4 12:37:35 CEST 2011

leledumbo wrote:
> You can try fooling the compiler by making ld symlink to gold (of course you
> better back up your real ld)

Thanks, that had occurred to me. As a general point I notice that in the
case of Debian ld is a symlink internal to /usr/bin, rather than going
through /etc/default which is their normal convention.

In practice it looks as though as of binutils 2.20.1 gold is only being
shipped for x86, and I don't want to know the answer to the extent that
I'll start investigating why.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk