[Lazarus] New application type: HTTP standalone server

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Jun 6 10:13:08 CEST 2011

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011, Michael Schnell wrote:

> You did expect this :)
>
> What about TTimer and Application.QueueAsyncCall ?

Not implemented, no plans for it either.

I just don't see the point, I'm sorry. You have not produced a single use
case which convinces me that we are ever likely to need this in a webserver.

Please don't take this wrong, but I think you are programming totally the
wrong way if you need these constructs in a *webserver*. It goes against
everything I think a webserver should be or do. Therefor, I will not even
consider implementation of these features. You are free to create patches,
and I will consider them just as I consider other patches.

But I will not spend time on its design or implementation, it is useless to
ask this question of me (if other people want to spend time on it, please...).

> Any chance to do a remote GUI via e.g. ExtJS ?

It depends what you mean. I have ExtJS apps running with this. And they use
timers, btw. But in the browser.

Michael.