[Lazarus] New application type: HTTP standalone server

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jun 6 15:32:44 CEST 2011

On 06/06/2011 03:20 PM, Henry Vermaak wrote:
> There are some good cross platform event loop libraries out there (see
> libevent and libev).  I suggest that you take a look at them.
I feel that implementing the event queue itself is not really difficult.

The hard stuff is to do it's interface in a way that multiple Widget
Types, using different OSes can use it instead of the built-in code.
Mind that the Widget Type code (in a GUI enabled "Widget Type") needs to
merge GUI events and program-generated events (e.g. QueuAsyncCall()
performed by a thread.

-Michael