[Lazarus] New application type: HTTP standalone server

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:38:20 CEST 2011

On 06/06/2011 15:27, Michael Schnell wrote:
>> Since his event loop code is very GUI and OS specific, I doubt this
>> path will lead anywhere.
>> (I have warned about this before).
> That of course is not nice :(

Michael  van Canneyt  is correct.  fpGUI doesn't  have a  loose standing
event loop system like MSEgui apparently has (though I must admit I know
very little about  MSEgui - just heard the things  you mentioned here in
the past  - so  going on your  word that something  like that  exists in
MSEgui).  fpGUI  has  an  internal thread-safe  event  queue,  which  it
populates with  events it receives from  the OS's GUI framework  (GDI or
X11), or from  other threads (created by  the developer). The processing
of this queue  is still tied in  with the event loop  that also collects
message from the OS's GUI.

Maybe you  got confused  between the  fpGUI event  loop and  fpGUI event
queue?

Anyway, I  must add  that I  do have  an interest  in a  separated event
loop... right down  to each thread having it's own  event loop. But this
is still  just something I  am dreaming about  and no time  to implement
yet. Plus there is still lots I want to research on the subject before I
start writing any of this code.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/