[Lazarus] New application type: HTTP standalone server

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:30:58 CEST 2011

On 07/06/2011 14:14, Michael Schnell wrote:
> You mean just as a source of ideas ?!?!?

Yes. Simply by reading some of their documentation, one can find some
good ideas and designs. They have a huge resource of developers, and
have clearly worked through the design problems.

> Mind that the purpose of my thought is _not_ being forced to use an
> external Widget set, but enable attaching to one, if desired.

Not everything in Qt is "GUI" or "Widget set" sentric. A lot of the
modules (or packages, or whatever they call it) is non-gui
related...much like the Free Pascal's RTL and FCL.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/