[Lazarus] Debugging problem

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Jun 8 14:16:04 CEST 2011

On 08/06/2011 12:54, Roland Turcan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have FPC r17690 and Lazarus r31132 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 with all
> updates and I cannot debug any thread, it crashes on debugger error:
>
> The GDB command: "-thread-info" returned the error:
> ",msg="Undefined mi command: thread-info (missing implementation)""
>
> What can I do?

First of all: You do get that msg, if you open the threads window?
Or always?
Only for apps using threads, or for other apps too?

If always and for none threaded apps too, then open the history window,
and disable it's power button.

Reason I ask: I can get that error in gdb, and it does prevent threads
from being shown. But I do not get an "oops error state" due to it.

The current state of the implementation of the thread window is, that it
uses the newer --thread-info command. But that does not exist in older
gdb (and yes, I know on Mac you don't have a newer gdb).
So with older gdb (including Mac) the thread window will currently stay
empty.

I do not know, why in your case it causes the "error sate", that is not
supposed to happen (and as I said, I can not reproduce that here, using
an older gdb).
Could you please create a "Log File" (--debug-log), using a Lazarus
compiled with "-dDBG_VERBOSE -dDBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG " as described on
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session

Do you have a 32 or 64bit cpu?

----
As for the implementation of threads for Mac. I do not yet have a
timeplan on it.
See gdbmidebugger.pp line 1835
function TGDBMIDebuggerCommandThreads.DoExecute: Boolean;

There is a comment.
Need to implement fallback to the older command, and a parser for the
result....