[Lazarus] thread safe

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 10 13:43:14 CEST 2011

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:49:59 +0200
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> >> What is "thread safe"?
> >
> > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=thread+safe&l=1
> >
> > A piece of code is "thread safe" if it can be safely invoked by
> > multiple threads at the same time.
>
> As already explained, I'm not comfortable with that definition.

Welcome to earth. How do you define it on your planet?

> Which aspect would cover access to shared objects by different "pieces
> of code"?

What did you not understand on the link I gave?

> >> [...]
> >> After all: how/where can I find thread-related Lazarus/FPC
> >> documentation? My wiki search was not really successful :-(
> >
> > What words did you search?
> > I got results on Thread, Threads and Multithreading.
>
> Yes, hundreds of results per search - this is not really helpful :-(

I'm always amazed how spoiled Lazarus users are. I think this
is a compliment for Lazarus. :)

> It would help, to some degree, if a language could be specified, so that
> the results are not crowded with any number of translated pages.

+1

Although I must admit I would not use that feature, because I often
want to know where a word is used.

Mattias