[Lazarus] Uses Clause in LPR

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Fri Jun 10 21:06:08 CEST 2011

>> I found the same bug in the LazSolutions, and i reported to the
>> developer,
>> who has answered me.
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/lazsolutions/issues/detail?id=22
>>
>> He said, that bug is a IDE bug.
>
> It is not a bug. It is correct behaviour.
>
> The LazSolutionsRT should have the 'add to uses clause' flag not set: in
> the
> package dialog, choose options. then
>
> 'Package options' - 'Usage'
>
> and then
>
> uncheck the 'Add package unit to uses section' (no check mark should be
> present).
>
> For Zeos, the same is probably true, but I do not know how the zeos package
> works.
>
> It can be that after this, the same error occurs. If so, it means that
> somewhere in the zeos code, the lazarus 'interfaces' unit is used, or a
> unit
> that depends on the LCL. This unit must be rewritten if you want to use
> zeos
> in a CGI or any webserver project.
>
> Michael.

I am not sure what is the problem in this case, but I am using Zeos for
CGI applications since years without any issues.
Even gave the 7.0.0 Alpha version a try, though it does not handle the
strings properly with FPC/Lazarus unlike the stable 6.6.6 release. With
7.0.0 alpha, sometimes just ?? comes back for string fields due to
fpc/lazarus requiring UTF8 strings.

AB