[Lazarus] EmbWeb: Moving between webapp type caveats

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Mon Jun 13 20:26:24 CEST 2011

> Set it in some constant? When the webmodule still wasn't working good
> enough, I used defines with a constant.

I use an .ini file, but the same idea. There can be a lot of things that
a web app needs as a constant.
static paths, email server settings, template paths, url generation
parameters (https or http, ports for development computer, etc.), db
connection settings, etc.
This way it is the easiest to move from a development environment to a
live system. All you need is to remove the .ini file (or constants by
defines), or change its values.

AB