[Lazarus] How to see RTL/FCL help in editor hints

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jun 13 22:23:33 CEST 2011

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:33:57 +0300
ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 22:28, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > If you want to see the RTL/FCL help in the editor hints, here is how:
> >

> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Help_in_the_IDE#fpdoc_entries_of_RTL_and_FCL
> >

> That's very helpful, thanks.
> How can I also use it when pressing on F1 ?

There are several ways.

a) If you are online, then you already have it, because the IDE opens
the lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net which uses these sources. It has no
search, only an index.

b) You can compile them yourself and set the help path in the IDE
options. Again, no search, but you can create an index.

c) You can use chmhelp
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Help_in_the_IDE#Installing_Help_for_he_RTL.2C_FCL_and_LCL_in_the_Lazarus_IDE
This provides an index and a search.

d) As far as I know Graeme has written another help system including
the fpcdocs too. This has a search too. Maybe Graeme can give a link
how to set it up.

And there was yet another help system, announced some weeks ago on
this list.

The debian packages install the chmhelp automatically.

Mattias